Monday, February 11, 2008

The Start of Something New

I've decided I'm going to try and do a weekly post to my blog.
I haven't posted in forever and this was one thing I wanted to do this year.
I have been reading other endurance athlete blogs over the past year and I like how one guy sets his up so I'm going to mimic his. He give a summary of the week by stating "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly." So I think I'm going to copy his format and see how that works for me. If you would like to read his blog it can be found at http://bolderinboulder.blogspot.com/
So here it goes.

This past week was a tough one for me. Very busy with work, training, church, and spending time with the girlfriend. Not much sleep was taken but all in all the week turned out just fine.

My training summery for the week of 02/04/2008 was:
Overall = 10.50 hrs
Swim = 5900 yds
Bike = 65.92 mi
Run = 24.83 mi
XC-Ski = 8.75 mi

The Good

I was able to spend a lot of time this week with my girlfriend who I have been dating now for a few months.
We have really hit it off and I have really falling for her. I feel like my love for her is growing everyday and will continue to grow.

Also This week was also the first week of Lent and the first week of my Disciples in Mission Group Meetings. I am Christian but not officially Catholic. My girlfriend however is Catholic, along with my roommate. I have been going to church with her every week now and also taking part in other Catholic activities. I am really learning a lot about the Catholic faith. I have a lot more to learn though. I do feel like faith and religion should be part of your everyday activity and I'm going to try live by this. I hope to take part in RCIA next fall and become part of the Catholic Community. The Disciples in Mission Group meeting went well, I attending mass on Wednesday and on Sunday. I have also for lent I have decided to give up caffeine and to listen to the daily reading and the liturgy of the hours every day. So far giving up caffeine has been tough and I'm still getting migraines every day. Hopefully they will pass soon.

The Bad

I didn't get much sleep this week. Wednesday's bike session was done on 3.5 hours of sleep but turned out OK in the end. It just hurt. Due to not sleeping and being exhausted I missed Thursday's morning swim because I overslept and was just too tired to get out of bed. Saturday's run really hurt bad and made me sick. The stress of work and lake of sleep I think got to me this day.

The Ugly

Work was very stressful and is totally killing me. I commute 80 miles a day for work which really cuts into my personal time. I also worked a lot of late hours because I had a project go out last week which was totally not done. So this week we had to catch up and issue the first Addendum. So I spent Saturday working, and couple of late nights. We did get the project a lot further to completion and be more like 100%. The outlook however for the next month isn't good in the work aspect. I'm going to have a lot of long stressful weeks up ahead. Hopefully my training, or health, doesn't suffer.

No comments: